When you’re looking to store your belongings, it’s important to think about how you want to store them. There are several different options available to you. While you want to make sure you find the best affordable storage unit possible, you also want the features that make the most sense in your situation. Here is a short guide to common storage options.
Common Storage Options
- Self-Storage Facility – Also called mini-storage, these units are the most common and are normally found in a facility with a warehouse feel featuring units that share walls. Each unit will have its own door and you will have control of the lock.
There are many different types of units available at a self-storage facility. Here are some of the most popular:
- A climate controlled unit will keep your belongings safe from temperature changes. Most units are kept between 55 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Outdoor spaces are available for boat, RV, and vehicle storage. When you need to store these items in a secure and monitored location, a self-storage company is a great choice.
- Every storage facility offers units of varying size so that you can find the right size unit for your belongings. Additionally, many of these facilities are accessible from the outside, so you can drive your moving van right up to the building.
- Private Storage – Private storage usually refers to when a moving company packs up your belongings and stores them in one of their storage containers at a warehouse. Due to the individual service provided by a private storage facility, this is one of the more costly storage options. Nevertheless, it’s a great option if you do not want to pack up or move your own belongings.
Less Traditional Storage Options
- Mobile Storage – If you are moving or even simply renovating and need your belongings out of your home for a short period of time, you might want to consider mobile storage. With mobile storage, a trailer or shipping container is dropped off at your home. The container is usually up to 16 feet long and you pack it with your belongings. When the container is packed, simply call the company to have it moved. When you want it back, call the company to have it delivered. With this door-to-door service, you never have to drive a moving van. However, the price is much higher than if you chose to pack a U-Haul yourself.
- Rent Space at Someone’s Home – While this may seem unorthodox, people often rent out unused attic, basement, garage, and shed space to people for storage. The owners make money on their unused space and you may save a little money when it comes to storage. If you want to save hassle in the Jackson, Tennessee area when it comes to finding reliable storage space, contact the trusted personnel at Markham Self Storage. We can help you with all your self-storage needs. storage features that you are looking for. Ask about our Second Month Free Special and take a look at our customer reviews from folks who have trusted us with their belongings for many years.