When you are looking for storage solutions, storing your belongings in a self-storage facility is one of the best options available. But how do you know what size storage space you really need? It’s often helpful to see what these units look like from the inside. Take a look at some of the units at Markham Self Storage in Jackson, Tennessee to help determine size unit you need.
Our Traditional Units
Our traditional storage units have three walls, a concrete floor, and a roll up door. They range in size depending on your needs. Here are some of the most popular sizes and what they can commonly hold:
- 5×5 – This size storage unit is the size of a small closet. It will hold a mattress set, a dresser, and several medium sized boxes. This self-storage unit is great to hold sporting equipment, gardening tools, and seasonal décor.
- 10×10 – This size storage unit is half the size of a one car garage. You can fit the contents of two bedrooms or a living room space, along with many medium size boxes.
- 10×15 – This size storage unit is just under the standard size of a one car garage. You can fit the contents of three bedrooms, many other items, and a variety of large boxes. You can also fit other furnishings such as tables, televisions, and other small pieces of furniture.
- 10×20 – This size storage unit is around the size of a standard one car garage. You can fit the entire contents of a home including several bedrooms, living room suites, a washer and dryer set, dining room set, and several large boxes.
- 10×24 – This storage unit size is larger than the standard one car garage. It will fit the entire contents of a three bedroom home with oversize items such as mattress sets, couch, dressers, washer and dryer, a dining room set, lawn equipment, and several large boxes.
- 10×30 – This storage unit is the size of one and a half standard car garages. It will fit the contents from a four to five bedroom home including items like a refrigerator, washer and dryer, couches, bedroom sets, dining room sets, bookcases, patio sets, lawn equipment, large boxes, and more.
We offer more sizes at affordable rates, but these are some of the most popular sizes.
Climate Controlled Units
If you’re worried about temperatures reaching above 90 degrees or dropping below 32 degrees, then you may want to consider putting your belongings in a climate controlled unit. These units are typically kept in range somewhere between 55 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. They are beneficial for storing sensitive or valuable items. Most climate controlled units are indoors and will protect your belongings with stable temperatures and humidity levels.
Tips for Storing
- Use sturdy boxes or plastic containers of uniform size.
- Group heavier boxes on the bottom and fragile items on the top.
- Stack no more than four boxes high.