When it comes to storage containers, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all of the options on the market. There are even entire stores devoted to storage containers with hundreds, sometimes thousands of options to choose from. When choosing the right storage container for your needs, it’s important to bear in mind what exactly you’re planning on storing. In this post, we’re going to assume that you want to put some clutter away in affordable storage. Let’s take a look at some specialized storage containers for these needs.
When you preparing your belongings for self-storage, it’s important to look for containers that will securely hold your stuff. Here are a few large container options.
- Ziploc 60 Quart Weathertight Storage Box – This deep storage box has a six-latch lid. When it snaps shut, you can be sure that it’s secure. The sides are stiff-sided and will secure your valuables inside. It’s large but still stackable, making it a great option for your self-storage unit.
- Sterilite 70 Quart Latching Storage Box – This box is a little more economical than the Ziploc, but still a great storage container. It latches on either end and is very large. It does show a little flex if you overstuff it, but it will still keep all of your belongings safe from harm when packed correctly. You can also safely stack these boxes in your self-storage unit.
When you use larger storage containers, keep in mind that if you make them too heavy, you might have difficulty moving them when the time comes. In addition, for safety purposes you will want to keep heavy containers on the bottom and lighter containers on the top when stacking.
For storage purposes, medium size containers are the perfect. You can fill them full without worrying about them being too heavy to lift.
- Iris USA Store and Slide 40 Quart Storage Box – This box is designed to store under a bed and is only 6.25 inches tall. These containers are entirely stackable and will even nest inside each other when they are not in use. This great storage option has two snap handles, one on each side.
- Sterilite 30 Quart Latching Storage Box – This box is a smaller version of the 70 quart box that we mentioned earlier. The latch is secure, the box is stackable, and the light weight of this box makes it a top contender.
When storing items that you do not want stored loosely in larger containers, you may want to consider a smaller box.
- Sterilite 6 Quart Storage Box – With recessed handles under the lid, this lightweight storage container is great for organizing small items quickly. It’s best to store these boxes within other storage containers since they might not be airtight.
Tips: If you have open shelves in your self-storage unit, you may want to consider open storage. There are a variety of cute storage containers such as the Room Essentials Fabric Cube Storage Bin that are not only convenient, but also help to spruce up your storage space.If you are in the Jackson, Tennessee area and are looking for affordable self-storage, contact Markham Self Storage with all of your self-storage questions. We’re ready and willing to give you a tour of our facility, answer any questions you might have, and let you know how our facility features can work for you.